Wednesday, May 24, 2006

About our Daughter Evi



Evi is 2 years and 4 months old. She is the light of our lives and brings us more joy then we could imagine! We feel so blessed to be her parents. We decided to name her Evelyn Cecelia after Jeremy's dad's mother. When we were deciding on girls names I couldn't get Jeremy to agree on anything. He can be pretty stubborn. LOL. Unfortunately Jeremy never had the opportunity to meet his grandmother on his father's side of the family because she went to be with the Lord long before he was born. Anyway, he heard stories of her here and there from both his dad and his aunt Sandy. One day I asked Bernie (my father-in-law) what his mother's name was (I had forgotten), and he told me Evelyn Cecelia. I liked the sound of that. Later that night as we talked again about girl names for our future baby I suggested Evelyn Cecelia and Jeremy went for it right away. At that point I knew I couldn't go back. How do you break your husbands heart? So that is how Evi got her name, or at least part of it. We knew right from the start that we would call her Evi. Mary I. (Jeremy's sister) a.k.a. Tia later came up with the perfect spelling. Now when I look at her today I can't imagine her as anything else. But...Evi wasn't always Evi. Her birth name is Paullet and that is why her second middle name is Paullet. We think it's a beautiful name and of course she is a beautiful girl. We really like that her name combines special meaning and connections from both her birth and adoptive families.
Ephesians 1:5
He Predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ Himself, according to the kind intention of His will.

1 comment:

auntchar said...

Evi is a wonderful little girl and will be an excellent big sister. We are eagerly awaiting the new baby. Our family is so enriched and blessed with each new precious addition. God bless you, Kerry Ann and Jerry, for being such a strong and devoted couple, for bringing sweet little Evi into our lives, and for always resolutely pursuing your purpose. Love, Aunt Char