Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Boy or a Girl?


It's really exciting because we don't know if we will have a boy or a girl. Initially we requested another girl. I think it would be great for Evi to have a sister. I never had one and always wished I did. Jeremy wanted a girl so he didn't have to paint or do anything to Evi's baby room. LOL. Oh yeah, and then we wouldn't have to go by any clothes or anything either (yeah right!). When we told our agency that we wanted another girl they explained that we had to be open to either gender since we already have a girl. For some unknow reason girls are more highly sought after in Guatemalan adoptions and so to ensure that only ethical practices are going on in Guatemala our agency likes to place as many girls as boys. So we agreed that we would accept either a boy or a girl referral. It took me a couple of days to get used to the idea of a boy, but now I'm loving it. I know that God has the perfect baby already picked out for Jeremy and I. Plus...I'll get to shop shop shop! There are several families that will be waiting for referrals at the same time as us and most of them are requesting girls, so I'm convinced we are having a boy. Jeremy thinks we have a 50/50 chance. Either way I know as soon as I lay eyes on our beautiful baby my heart will never be the same.

No comments: