Thursday, September 16, 2010

One home sick

I can't believe that Goose is home "sick" again from school.  I got a call yesterday that I needed to come pick her up because she had diarrhea.  I was a little surprised that they send kids home for this but I woke up Baby boy and packed him and Bubba in the car to go get her. Once at school I really wanted to make sure this was a serious enough issue to be sent home from school.  I asked if she had a fever, the nurse responded that she didn't even check, diarrhea is an automatic send home.  I then asked Goose about her tummy and how many times she had gone to the bathroom.  Evidently she went more then once and had spent 15 minutes in the bathroom before her teacher sent her to the office.  I explained to the nurse that this is not all that uncommon for Goose but that going several times in one day does sound excessive.  So I brought her home and called the doctor.  About two weeks ago we were dealing with a stomach issue that she was complaining of. We were worried that if her pain got worse she would need to go to the ER. Luckily the pain seemed to subside and she seemed fine.  Now here we are again with stomach pain and more severe diarrhea.  Her doctor seems to think it isn't related and that she just caught a bug.  Of course we have her on a bland diet and will watch her to see if the symptoms increase.  I hate that she is missing school.  I also am concerned that she does and always has had "interesting" bowel movements.  We've had her checked several times only to find everything is normal. It always makes you wonder though if they are missing something. She is growing and thriving.  She has an awesome appetite and tons of energy.  Everything seems normal.  She does always feel warm to me and even when she isn't sick can run a temp. of 99.4.  I guess it's just her version of normal.  I should probably go by some probiotics and get her started on those again to see if that helps. Until then we will keep to the bland diet.  Toast and applesauce are on the menu.

No comments: