Monday, November 29, 2010

Transitions

Baby boy has been doing over nights with his parents for 4 weeks now and this Friday he will be going on his first weekend visit.  He has been doing remarkably well so far. It's so hard to put into words that a two and a half year old can some what understand what is going on.  But I can always put into words how much he is loved.  I took some time to tell him today that his parents haven been working really hard so that he can live with them again, explaining how much they love him and how excited they are to be getting him back.  His response was "oh, okay mommy."  I don't really believe he understands but at least I'm planting the seeds.  Each week he returns from his overnight he is crabby and clingy (which is to be expected) but overall he seems to jump right back into his routine.  It all seems to be moving so fast, I can't believe that we are already starting weekend visits.  My constant prayer is that his parents will be successful, that they will work hard each day to be the best parents they can be.  That's all any of us can do.  Baby boy has had a great start....sometimes I think it won't matter.  Now that we are moving along in the process I do see how all that we have given him is helping.  During this Christmas season I am going to focus on the "light in the darkness."  Returning a child that we have loved and cared for for over two years, one we hoped to adopt and have forever, is nothing but darkness.  The light that will shine through this darkness will only be found in our savior who is working all things for the good of his people.

No comments: