Thursday, June 15, 2006

Off to Kentucky.

Well, we got good news and bad news this week. On Tuesday I called our USCIS office and found out that they had read our Home Study!!! Yeah!!! But....they needed a correction from our Home Study agency (Catholic Charities). So I spent the next two days stalking our social worker to make sure that the correction was made and faxed to USCIS. I called USCIS again today and they got the correction but still need to review it. ARRRGGGG! I really hope they will review it this next week and give us our approval. Then we will wait about a week to get the actual 171H. Our agency (FTC) said that once we receive it we should only wait a couple weeks (2) at most for a referral. I'm so excited and can't wait to see our sweet baby's face for the first time.

So at the beginning of the week I was a basket case wondering why we are experiencing so many stupid hold ups this early in the process. But I'm happy to report that I have given this over to the Lord. I know he has a plan for us and a baby already picked out. The best part is I'm leaving on Saturday for a Kentucky Mission trip with our church. I'm so excited to be going on my third mission trip (1st in the States) and even more excited that Jeremy is going with this time. I know that getting away for a week is just what I need. Our pastor always says that if you want to get over being mad you have to begin to serve and that's just what I intend to do. What a blessing it is to be able to go to Kentucky and serve the people there that have needs. I hope that the next time I report I'm able to say that I have the 171H.

1 comment:

Jim Cmolik said...

I'm personally very glad that you were able to direct any anger that you may have had into energy for the mission trip. At this point we are only concluding the first day of work, but the two of you are blessing Rita and I, and the folks on Rattlesnake Ridge, with your love for the Lord. I'm certain that God will reward your service and ease the way for the adoption. Thanks for being such wonderful servants of Jesus. You are great!