Monday, August 2, 2010

Packing for the Dells and Mosquito Bite Reaction

Today is a busy day in the Babel house hold.  I am packing up three kids to go to the Dells tomorrow.  I am a list maker so that helps but I always seem to forget something.  We are staying in a condo so there will be a place to do laundry which should keep from packing too much (but I probably will anyway.) The kids require so much stuff for maximum pool fun.  Baby boy needs his little swimmers and ear plugs. Robert needs his water wings and Spiderman goggles.  Evi, well she just needs a suit.

I really hate the idea of being in a bathing suit for five days straight but I guess this is one of those sacrifices we make as parents.  I am looking forward to seeing the kids go down all the water slides though.  Last year Robert actually went down some pretty big ones.  We'll see if he is brave enough this year.  Evi is usually fearless when it comes to the water but I have noticed she is becoming more cautious. At our local pool there are two water slides she can go down but she hasn't been interested in doing that this year.  Baby boy is nuts in the water.  It will be interesting to see what advances he has made.

Speaking of Baby boy, he went on a visit this morning to see his birth parents.  Before he left Jeremy noticed a huge bump on his head.  As we investigated further we think it's a mosquito bite.  He has several other large bumps on his head and neck.  I looked on-line and people can be allergic to mosquito bites which can cause an unusually large amount of swelling at the site.  He doesn't seem to be bothered by them but it's a little scary to think he could have such a reaction.  Next week I'll take him in to the allergist to see how sever his allergy is.  I'm hoping he won't need an epi-pen.

2 comments:

Jaime Csorba said...

Have a GREAT vacation at the Dells! Brian said on the way home from the lake yesterday that he can't wait to take Jack to the Dells. How fun!!! Enjoy and I look forward to your post and some pics I hope!!!

Deb said...

Scary about the bite. Hope it was just a one time reaction for him.
Enjoy your vacation. We're taking a trip in 9 weeks and I'm trying not to break out the lists. I'm just so excited. :-)