Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday morning

I always feel like I should be doing so much more.  The house is picked up the laundry put away.  All the kids are dressed and have been fed.  It seems as if there is not much to do right at this moment.  But there is so much more I should be doing.  I need to sit down and write baby boy's birth mom a note.  I often think of sending her a card of encouragement but then I never get around to it.  I have been thinking for weeks I need to send her some pictures of baby boy but again... nothing.  As we look to the school year I should be looking at what it's going to take to get Evi started on a 504 plan.  As a former teacher this one should be easy but again I don't know where to begin.  We are still waiting for the report from this summers evaluation but I could call the school and ask to have a meeting set up as soon as possible.  Now that we have a more formal "diagnosis" I need to get reading again so that I can add more tools to my tool box to help Evi as best I can.  I have found some great resources on other blogs.  I have read a ton about sensory processing, attachment, and ADHD but now I need to get reading about anxiety disorders in children.

I'm the type of person who will complain that I am bored (I know...not sure how that can be the case with four little kids around.)  What I really think is I'm overwhelmed.  I know that at some point I'm going to dive into all these things but for now I'm just going to try and get through the day.

No comments: